Book Review: Lock Every Door by Riley Sager

 I'm on a roll with 5 star ratings right now. I know it, okay. I could chalk it up to luck, to a whizbang bookstagram community, or to just reader's luck. 

Lock Every Door was my second Riley Sager book. After reading Home Before Dark, I was craving more of Riley's writing. Lock Every Door didn't disappoint and may have been my favorite of the two. 

Set in New York, the Bartholomew is a dream setting for this thriller. The description of the building itself is so remarkable, I felt like I was there with Jules in her apartment. I was fascinated with the life, times, and secrets within the walls of the Bartholomew. 

Something mysterious and dark is going on within the walls of the Bartholomew, and Riley kept my heart racing from page one. With about 50 pages left, I had to retreat to my bedroom closet to finish this one without interruptions. I never saw the ending coming and didn't know who to trust in the book!

Riley Sager is my new Ruth Ware. I'll be waiting in line when his next release comes out. I still have Final Girls of his to read but may space it out a bit to savor....

#5stars #bookreview #bookblog #readersofinsta #booklover #sendmebooks @rileysager #newyork #concretejungle #mystery #thriller #cozyread #lightacandle #snuggleup #covidreads #pandemicread #booklover #bibliophile #nerdalert


No comments:

Post a Comment