Book Review: The Bookshop of the Broken Hearted by Robert Hillman

3



 3 Stars for the Bookshop of the Broken Hearted by Robert Hillman. I was in love with the way Robert Hillman strings his descriptions of words together. The depths of his descriptions don't stop with the setting or the characters. Instead, he describes matters and emotions of the heart. I would say this layer of depth is very rare in the books that I read. 

The emphasis on the love and respect of books was enduring. I found myself dreaming about the old cash register, the cedar shelves, and the gleam from the beeswax polish. I wanted to hide away in a corner of the old barn and get lost, just as the many lucky visitors to Hannah's Bookstore were able to do. 

I landed on 3 stars because I felt it dragged quite a bit in the middle. I got lost a bit in some of the history but appreciated the read and adventure, nonetheless. 

#brokenhearted #3stars # bookreviews #booklover #bookstagram #readerlife #bibliophile #bookstorebooks #bookish #sendmebooks #readtolive #booknerd #authorswithoutinstas #lovewriters #readingthroughthepandemic

No comments:

Post a Comment