Book Review: RUN to the FINISH by Amanda Brooks

A thankful and hearty 5 stars for RUN to the the FINISH by Amanda Brooks or @runtothefinish. As a "newbie," to running, I had been looking for a resource, guide, and sisterly advice on running to answer questions I had and help me with questions I didn't have yet. RUN to the FINISH is the perfect running buddy for the introverted, busy people in the world who don't know what to ask or have anyone close to them they can ask. 

Amanda offers tips and pointers on everything from electrolyte replacement and chafing (THANK YOU!). She talks about running in the winter. In the rain. And, the options of water-resistant rain gear vs. waterPROOF rain gear. Spoiler alert: Pick the water-resistant for running :)

There are tips on stretching, endurance training, race day, and recovery information for post-runs. Regardless of if you're a daily, neighborhood runner like myself or if you're training for a big race, she lays out details in a "take what fits," way that is enduring, honest, and so, so needed. 

There are resources at the back, including links for her blog and extra communities of support and an index for quick help and reference when needed. I highly recommend this book for newbie runners or seasoned runners. I think you'll find her tone, enthusiasm, and tried and true advice refreshing. I've been looking for this book for quite some time and I'm happy to call Amanda Brooks an instafriend and an inspiration. 

#happyrunning #amandabrooks @runtothefinish #runningadvice #runningresources #bookreview #5starreview #lovetorun #lovetoread #readandrun #busymom #booklover #sendmebooks #bookstagram #bibliophile #runthis #newbierunner #runningtips 


No comments:

Post a Comment