Book Review: 28 Summers by Elin Hilderbrand

 

Well, another 5 star review for you. Maybe you should just be thankful I'm finding all of the good ones for you, okay? 28 Summers by @ElinHilderbrand was my first Elin novel. YES, REALLY. I like to interrupt my thriller streaks from time to time and the beautiful cover and description sucked me right in at Target last weekend. I read this book in 2 days. And it's a whopper. 

28 Summers isn't a "love story," okay? It isn't all rose petals and picnics on the beach.  This book shines a light on how easy it is for the characters to lead a life they are "supposed to," lead versus the life that they want. Years pass by and before any of the main characters know it, they've all grown up and settled down, had children, and accepted their lives for what they are. I found this book very thought-provoking and beautifully written. 

Thank you to @ElinHilderbrand for providing the perfect getaway book to Nantucket when we're all forced to stay here right here. 

I've already scored a few of her other books and you can bet that as soon as the frost is on the pumpkin, I'm going to be diving into her winter series and praying for a snowstorm. 

#covidreading #elinhilderbrand #readmorebooks #lovetoread #sendmebooks #bookreviews #5stars #mustread #28summers #notaromancenovel  #nantucketlove #takemeaway #fastread #stayupandreadlate #needmorecoffee #readmorepages #survivepandemicbyreading

No comments:

Post a Comment