Book Review: The Exiles by Christina Baker Kline


 5 Stars for The Exiles by Christina Baker Kline! This was my second book by Christina Baker Kline. It's no coincidence that I loved The Exiles by her. I found myself underlining a lot, as I often do when I read phrases or parts that stick out to me and are truly well written. I find Christina Baker Kline has an ability to create characters and settings that allow you to step away for moments in your real life. When you return to her pages, it's like you never left. 

The Exiles was a pretty dark book, the settings were dark and it was metaphorically dark. I was moved by the strength of the characters and their perseverance, courage, and strength through extraordinarily hard times. The grit of the characters, and their commitment to one another was moving. 

If you're looking for something a little bit different that will suck you right in, this one is for you. It isn't a a thriller, but I'd say there are definite scenes packed full of suspense. @bakerkline creates women in her books that we all need to know and be influenced by. 

#5stars #womenconvicts #prisoners #grit #bookreview #readnext #addtobooklist #powerfulwomen #readgoodbooks #sendmebooks #bookedlife #booknerd #theexiles

No comments:

Post a Comment