Book Review: The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom Released in 2010

5 Stars for The Kitchen House by @kathleengrissom. This book left me speechless and wide-eyed. Many reviews compared this book to The Help. I'd say, I only partially agree with that due to the underlying themes of slavery, racism, poverty, deceit, and they social injustices they share. 

This book, having been set in the late 1700s/early 1800s was thrilling, heart-wrenching, and in my opinion, a MUST READ. It really pulled me in and I was enamored with the characters and on edge for so many of them throughout the entire book. 

A plantation, slaves, a captain, family secrets, sacrifices, and unfaltering love will have you scratching your head and wondering why no one you know has been talking about this book. 

I loved it, @kathleengrissom. My copy will proudly remain on my shelf with my other cherished books for my children for when they are old enough to appreciate such a powerful and thought-provoking treasure.

#mustread #5stars #bookreviews #booksaboutracism #booksaboutslavery #eyeopeningread #thekitchenhouse #amazingwriter #lovedoes #family #unforgettableread #quickread #couldnotputdown #treasuredbook #shouldberequiredreading #speechlessafterfinishing 

No comments:

Post a Comment