Book Review: Anxious People by Fredrik Backman

 0 stars for Anxious People by Fredrik Backman. If I have to choose a star to leave a review, I'll go with a 1. I was looking forward to this read, having heard amazing things about it. This was my first Fredrik Backman novel so I had high hopes of falling in love with another writer's work. 

By page 100, I felt like I was watching 8 squirrels chase each other all around the yard and up and down the same trees. I was appalled at the police interviews and the only reason I kept reading was because I was fascinated with the way all of the characters were related. After I figured out how their lives intersected, I just could not keep flipping the pages. 

I tried flipping 50 pages forward to see if I could just get past a section. No luck. After reading other reviews, I find that others felt the same way, which makes this very interesting. It appears people either absolutely loved it or absolutely hated it. #anxiouspeople #bookreview #1star #toughread #didnotfinish #dnf #readgoodbooks #bibliophile #booknerd #sendmebooks #hardtoleavebadreviews #nextbookplease 




No comments:

Post a Comment