Review: More to Life by ReShonda Tate Billingsley Release Date 9/27/2019

I took a break from my thrillers and picked up a book called #moretolife by @reshondatatebillingsley. I was really surprised by how engaging it was. The story (no spoilers, here) was about a woman feeling what I like to call a stirring. After 20 years of the perfect marriage to the perfect husband with grown, perfect kids, she just felt like she was missing something. She realized that she had spent the last 20 years pouring her heart, soul, time, and energy in to creating all of the perfectness that she didn't really know who she was anymore. She didn't have time for the things that made her feel alive because she had pushed them away for so many years.

This book is a really good one for a book club. I think that it's a great conversation starter because I think there will be readers who feel so validated when reading More to Life. And, there will be readers who disagree with the path Aja takes to find her own happiness. Regardless, I think most readers will agree that they can identify, relate, and find strength in Aja's story.

More to Life got 4 stars from me. It was a quick read with a "just like us," main character and a different plot than I think most people are used to reading.

I also really appreciated the afterward written by the author. I think this book really meant a lot to her to write. And, I'm not sure she realizes how many ripples in many lives it will inspire and fill with hope. Maybe that's why I loved it so much. The main character was believable, honest, and a friend we all need.

Thanks to @kensingtonbooks for helping me get a hold of this book to read, review, and love. Also, more love to @netgalley for arranging the introduction to @kensingtonbooks and its wonderful writers. Thanks for this book, @reshondatatebillingsley. I was really inspired by Aja and all that she overcame to love and accept herself just as she was. I am also inspired by YOUR Aja story. Cheers to grit, grace, and dreams.


No comments:

Post a Comment