Review: The Confession Club by Elizabeth Berg

I was so excited to get my hands on this book by Elizabeth Berg. I've been a fan of hers for YEARS. I admit, that the last few books of hers I have not read and perhaps that's why I didn't LOVE this one. Also, I have come to realize that I love the grip of thrillers.

I thought this would be a nice treat, a quick read with beautiful descriptions of ladies similar to the Southern ones I've known all my life. I have to say, I struggled to finish this one. I struggled with all of the characters, their names felt unfitting for their ages and I found that each time I picked it back up, I had to re-acclimate myself with each of them.

For that reason, I gave The Confession Club 2 stars. It just wasn't my speed. And, that was difficult for me because I love the writing style of Elizabeth Berg so much, I follow her on FB because her updates are so beautifully written. 

Better luck next book! I received this digital ARC from NetGalley and Random House in exchange for an unbiased review.

Thank you to @Netgalley and @RandomHouse ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment