Review: The Doctor by Lisa Stone Release Date: 6/24/2019

Well, this picture just about sums it up. The Doctor by Lisa Stone was one of those books that I kept my nose buried in and even read while cooking dinner at night. That's one of the things that I love about reading on a kindle, compared to reading a 3D, "real," book. I like not having to hold the pages open. I've even lately been so engrossed that I read while drying my hair. Hey, I have a very long "to read," list.

This book gets 5 stars from me for a lot of reasons. It was so different from past thrillers and mysteries I've read and was mixed with futuristic topics. When a crazy doctor (no spoilers, promise) becomes obsessed with freezing his wife's body to preserve it, he'll stop at nothing. The book takes you to dark corners, closets, and hiding places that will leave you feeling desperate for someone to put all of the pieces together in time to save Alisha. It's pretty scary to think that scary situations like this can and probably do exist.

Thanks to @avon_books for the opportunity to get my hands on this one before the rest of the world and as always, thanks to @netgalley for arranging the introduction! Lisa Stone, I can't find you on instagram but, great job catching and describing details in such a way that I couldn't escape your pages!  #avonbooks #thedoctor #netgalley #scaryneighbors #lisastone #mustread #summerreading #bibliophile #bookguru #bookblog #blogabook #sendmebooks #readtolive #suspense #cryogenics #crazytrain @oakcitybooks #oakcitybooks

Happy Reading, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment