Review: Murder on Birchleaf Drive by Stephen Epstein

I finished Murder on Birchleaf Drive by Stephen Epstein back in July. I was able to snag a copy of it on Amazon after purchasing my new kindle. It was one of the (and I believe still is) titles available as part of the Kindle Unlimited free trial. 

Having grown up in Raleigh, NC, I was very familiar with the case of Michelle Young.  Please find my review below. 

I could not put this one down. I'm not a fan of true crime stories. However, I recall and closely followed this trial and remember how awful this story was then and still is. The book did a great job of providing details and providing backstory that I think was overlooked in the media coverage and did a superb job of shining light on the many different roads domestic violence can lead victims down. This book will stay with me awhile.

It was gripping, harrowing, and the details were intricately woven in a way not to persuade you as a reader one way or the other. I cannot imagine how difficult that would have been to do, given the evidence and circumstances. 

Sorry for the delay in sharing this one, I think the timing didn't work out so well with this one and the launch of my new blog. So, I wanted to add it, especially since it's still available on Amazon Kindle Unlimited.  I gave this one 4 stars!

Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment