Book Review: A Thousand Mile Walk to the Gulf

 5 Stars!

Lyrically written, full of descriptions that take you right in the middle of the wilderness, this book by John Muir is exactly what I was craving. 


A Thousand-Mile Walk to the Gulf was eye-opening. What a brave man! What a visionary! And, what a profound and spiritual being John Muir seems to be. 


When I started reading A Thousand Mile Walk to the Gulf, my hope was that the book would satisfy my deep desire and longing to escape on my own for a bit in solitude. What I found, page after page, word after word and journal entry after journal entry, was that it only reiterated all of the reasons I long for solitude on a daily basis. And, what a blessed and fortunate man, to leave all the things "comfortable," to most for his own "comfort." 


Highly recommend this one if you're looking for a non-fiction, inspirational, colorful, and historic read. 


#readtoescape #legend #5 stars #bookreviews #Ilovetoread #readthechange #environmentalist #loveroftrees #floraandfauna 

No comments:

Post a Comment