Two Book Reviews in ONE!

 


Both 5 Stars, very similar books about Solitude and an inward journey for peace and acceptance, Fifty Days of Solitude by Doris Grumbach and A Year by the Sea by Joan Anderson both spoke to me on a very deep and personal level. Quite different as far as the perspective from the storyteller, and quite different reasons for seeking solitude, both stories are so inspirational and I found myself underlining them both with understanding and I identified with so much of the thoughts of the authors.

It seems I am on a memoir/ non-fiction binge right now. I don't know why that is. Maybe I'm just needing to hear from real people about circumstances that drove them away from the world, and why. And, just how did they come out on the other side?

I am inundated with technology. With the internet. Noise. TV. Pings. Even music. So much stimulation. And, I long for a simple life, sheltering my soul and my light from the darkness that comes from over-stimulation and over-production. 

I find myself saying the following (not in either book, strictly mine)-

1. Even Jesus had to leave civilization by himself to seek peace, pray, and recharge. 

2. Even the crops in the fields have to be rotated in order  for the soil to be remain productive.

So, if you're also looking for some insight. Some real stories about leaving all the things and stress behind on a search for a more creative life, either from choice or from circumstances outside of your control, I think you'll really like both of these books. 

Happy Reading dear friends!

#5stars #memoirs #olderbooksaregoodtoo #readtounderstand #readtogrow #sendmebooks #whenigrowupiwanttoreadandwrite #bloggerforfun #solitude #peace #innergrowth #creativelife 

No comments:

Post a Comment