Book Review: What Happens in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand

 

5 Stars for What Happens in Paradise by @elinhilderbrand! Elin took my back to St. John and her beloved characters seamlessly. I can't imagine having to wait for this one after reading the first one. However, now I find that I'm waiting until October for the final book in the series. 

The first book had a cliffhanger of an ending and so.did.this.one. What the heck? Elin's honed use of imagery is powerful and immersive. I felt like I needed to keep applying the SPF50.
 
If you're looking for something light to read in between your thrillers like I was, I can recommend anything by Elin so far that I've read. However, I'm slightly in love with the characters in the Paradise trilogy. The ingredients I love the most about her books in this trilogy are: scandal, sibling rivalry (#teamcash), the FBI, references to restaurants and bars I hope to one day visit, and a few romances that never seem to workout like I think they will. 

I'm in the middle of Summer of '69 by her as well. Then, I've got One by One from Ruth Ware and Anxious People from Fredrik Backman waiting impatiently patient. I'm off for a few extra days next week and looking forward to fancy drinks by myself with lots of page turning. 

#paradisebook #setinstjohn #islandlife #introvertlikeitsmyjob #bookreviews #5stars #sendmebooks #lovetoread #nerdalert #bibliophile #bookstagram #bookie #readgoodbooks #flipthepage #covidreads #summerturnstofall #grabablanket #getcozyandread #mixadrinkandgrababook

No comments:

Post a Comment