Book Review: The Lost Apothecary by Sarah Penner

5 fascinating stars for The Lost Apothecary by Sarah Penner! 

When I closed the book after finishing it, I literally said, "Wow."

I finished this book in 2 days, reading every chance I got. Including at the dinner table (gasp)! 

Immediately, I was drawn to the main character, visiting London alone after finding out her husband had cheated on her. She finds a treasure while doing touristy things and unravels a mystery over 200 years old. 

Told from two different perspectives, the way each chapter switches from 200 years ago to present day will have you sitting on the edge of your seat, waiting on the next chapter to begin. 

I wasn't so sure about this book, as it is very different from other books I have read. I may have loved that about it the most. And, like any good mystery, there are a few excellent, eyebrow-raising twists waiting. 

Beautifully written with exquisite detail to characters, setting, and suspense, this one is surely to be one you can't put down either. #authordebut #lostapothecary #historicalfiction #mystery #5stars #bookreview #quickread #mustread #pageturner #booklover #bookstagram #readgoodbooks @sarah_penner_author

No comments:

Post a Comment