Book Review: Think Like A Monk by Jay Shetty

5 Stars for Think Like a Monk by @jayshetty. I typically limit the number of non-fiction books I read. I limit my non-fiction books because  reading is my time to escape the real world and, spend some time in fictional lives and places.  That being said, I flew through Think Like a Monk. 

5 stars were earned because there were parts that I spent extra time thinking about, parts that I mulled over. LOTS of underlining and writing in the borders. I cannot say that I was able to truly absorb all that the book has to offer. I think it's one of those books you would get something new from with each read. 

By no means does this book push any specific teaching, religion, or thought to be more significant or "right," than any other. Perhaps that is why I loved it so. I felt Think Like a Monk was educational, with thought-provoking stories and quotes scattered throughout from religious thought-leaders, holy writings, and well-known authors. It's all offered up in such a way that if you can use it, you should take it. If not, maybe it's meant for a different time in your life, or a different walk. 

Think Like a Monk will leave you different than you found it. And if not, the fault is your own. I'm thankful I picked it up and look forward to more writings by @jayshetty in the future. I highly recommend this one if you're in the mood for something to help put a few things (or even one thing) in perspective. 

#thinklikeamonk #breathe #patience #peace #purpose #passion #intent #letgo #ease #stillness #calm #balance #5stars #nonfictionread #bookreview #booknerd #sendmorebooks #booklover #readtolive #jayshetty #bestseller #nowyouknow

No comments:

Post a Comment