Book Review: The Push by Ashley Audrain

 An easy 5 stars for The Push by @ashleyaudrain! I was hooked from page 16. I couldn't decide if the main character was a villain or a mother, desperate for help and for someone to listen and believe her. 

Written from such an interesting perspective, it was devastatingly real and I couldn't put The Push down. There were so many parts of the story moms and daughters will related to. The balances and imbalances in mundane moments are described so clearly and so foggy at the same time, I found myself in my most comfy chair cancelling my Saturday night plans for this one. 

This story of mothers and daughters, and specifically Blythe and Violet had me feeling like I was watching each scene unfold like a fast-paced thriller in a theater.  If this book was a movie, it would be the kind that makes you pause mid-chew on your popcorn, with your mouth slightly open. 

I will be watching closely for more books from @ashleyaudrain. This one is surely to leave you hanging in a deep thriller hangover. Be warned that whatever you pick up afterwards is going to have some big shoes to fill. Now, go get your copy. 

#ashleyaudrain #thepush #psychothriller #suspense #greatread #scarynovel #5stars #bookreviews #lovebooks #sendmebooks #readtolive #readmore #couldntputdown #bookofthemonth @bookofthemonth #ireviewbooksforfun #readersgottaread #makeitamovieplease

No comments:

Post a Comment