Book Review: What I Talk About When I Talk About Running by Haruki Murakami

 

4 stars for What I Talk About When I Talk About Running by Haruki Murakami. 

Many people have raved about Haruki Murakami's writings in the past. I must admit, I've never read anything else by him. I stumbled on this book when looking for books about running. And, I'm really glad that I did. Equal parts memoir and running and writing advice, I was able to finish this book in a day. 

Haruki shares his experiences and calls out the parallels between running and writing. He talks about both writing and running chose him. Being a passionate reader and passionate runner, this book resonated with me. I gave it 4 stars because I think he could have dug a bit deeper. I felt he only skimmed the surface in relating how significant writing and reading are to his life and I found myself wanting to know more. 

If you are a runner and a writer or a runner and a reader, I recommend this one. 

#runnersread #greatread #memoir #haruki #murakami #lovetoread #lovetorun #runstagram #readstagram #4stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment