Book Review: 401 by Ben Smith

4 STARS for 401 by Ben Smith!
Ben Smith tells an amazing underdog story with 401. He ran 401 marathons in 401 days. Yeah. Really. 
A book about turning the troubles and emotional baggage from your past into fuel for good, 401 is a great albeit atypical, coming of age story. 

I'm currently on a "running book," phase. As a new runner, I can't get my hands on enough documentation about running. Common themes that I read about the lives of runners I see in myself, which reminds me when I'm not running that I have what it takes to run. 

Ben's story is remarkable. He says over and over that he's just an ordinary guy. But, he is doing extraordinary things and making a difference 1 person, 1 reader, 1 runner at a time. He sold all of his possessions in order to have the money he needed to hit the road. And, all the money he raises goes towards anti-bullying organizations.

I loved this book, and it will remain on my shelf as a beacon of hope, light, and encouragement when I need it. If you're at the beginning, I think you'll find a voice that resonates with you as well.

Next up, Running Home by Katie Arnold. 

#401marathons @the401challenge #readandrun #fuel #bringyourinsecurities #antibullying #loveoneanother #sendmebooks #readmore #lovemore #smilemore #everyoneisfightingabattle #encouraged #booklover #bookblogger #bookaholic #bookstagram #begin #youcan #influencer #4stars #bookreview

No comments:

Post a Comment