Book Review: Wildland by Rebecca Hodge Release Date 2/11/2020

5 stars for Wildland by Rebecca Hodge! 

Years after undergoing chemotherapy, radiation, a double mastectomy and implants, Kat is faced with a new lump and big decisions. She retreats to the Blue Ridge Mountains for some alone time away from her daughter, her family, and the noise of life. Kat wants to be able to think about what exactly it is that she wants to do with the rest of her life, and she doesn't think she has the strength to spend the time she has left nauseated, bald, and running back and forth from one doctor's appointment to the next. Her daughter feels like she is giving up. 

I finished this book in 2 days. Wildland reminded me of why it is that I love to read. It had a different mix of the usual elements I love. Kat is dealing with something that so many women we all love and know are faced with and fear. Breast cancer. Immediately, I was drawn to her story and her character. But, don't write this book off as a sappy novel. It takes a turn quickly and before you know it, the suspense is in full force and Kat's breast cancer diagnosis becomes secondary to what she must survive. 

Growing up in NC, this book is rich with imagery that I appreciated. I'm lucky enough to have spent time in the very same Blue Ridge Mountains that Rebecca Hodge describes so perfectly. This book will appeal to all of your senses and you'll appreciate how random strangers pull together when it matters most. I didn't want this one to end. 

Thank you to @netgalley and @crookedlanebooks for the opportunity to read this one before everyone else. And, @rhodge.fiction I hope this book soars. It was so very well done and I hope you will have more books to come. #wildlands #booknerd #5stars #bookreview #bookaholic #ncbook #ncauthor #blueridgemountains #suspense #mustread #quickread #breastcancer #grit #inspirationalauthor #inspired #reflect #netgalley 

No comments:

Post a Comment