Book Review: In A Holidaze by Christina Lauren

A wishy-washy 3 stars for In A Holidaze by Christina Lauren. I don't remember the last time I was so on the fence about a book. The first half was a solid 3 stars. The second half was a strong 4 stars. Maelyn (Mae) Jones has been in love with a close family friend for as long as she can remember. Their families spend the Christmas holiday together every year in a cabin and have a lifetime of memories. When they receive some unexpected news, Mae keeps waking up and experiencing the same few days over and over. She decides to be brave and up front about her feelings, and circumstances begin to change around her. A feel good book? Absolutely. A struggle at the beginning when she keeps reliving the same moments over and over? Also absolutely. Once the days stopped repeating, I found that I didn't want to put it down. This was a book of the month of mine from last year that I never got around to reading. I'm happy I put it on my holiday reading list and also happy that I pushed through to the end of this one. What are you reading for the holidays? Last year, I gobbled up the Elin Hilderbrand Winter Series and really enjoyed all 4 books. #3stars #bookreview #holidayreads #inaholidaze #christinalauren #bookofthemonth #lovetoread #booknerd #instabooks #mixedreview

No comments:

Post a Comment