Book Review: Pretty Little Wife by Darby Kane

 It isn't you, it's me. I'm not in the right headspace right now for a mystery/thriller. Chalk it up to the holidays, to the uncertainty with Covid, to work stress and home stress. I don't know. I'm not going to put this as a DNF, however I'm not going to make finishing it a priority with so many books lined up for me to crack open and dive in, in hopes of being whisked away quickly and effortlessly. 

 Pretty Little Wife is interesting. It has a strong and different plot. That's why I can't rate it low and I can't say I'm not going to finish it. It's been urking because I don't take book reviews lightly. I hardly think of myself as a bookfluencer. However, I don't want to put reviews out into the world for others to see that would in any way not do justice to the work and love born into text by an author and devout team of supporters that made it so. 

 I'm currently reading The Book of Longings, by Sue Monk Kidd. I'm also almost finished with a very short memoir by Odis Stephenson called It Only Seems Like Yesterday. I've got an arc of Kristin Hannah's newest book, The Four Winds waiting for me as well as wanting to dive into This Tender Land by William Kent Krueger. 

I don't know how everyone else is doing. I can't help but wish I had a career in the literary world, surrounded by people who get me and my nerdy love for written words and the crafting of mind movies with such ease. Instead, reading and my booklife continues to just be sprinkles on top while I continue to try and just make the damn cupcakes. I hope 2021 brings a lot more sprinkled cupcakes. 

#bookthoughts #reflectingonreading #inafunk #tired #wanttoread #busylife #needtosimplify #priorities #corporateworkishard #sendmorebooks #loveanauthor #lovelife #readlife 

No comments:

Post a Comment