Book Review: Rules for Moving by Nancy Star Release Date 5/19/20

3 Stars for Rules for Moving out 5/19/20.
As an advice columnist, Lane likes to retreat in the lives of her readers. When tragedy strikes, she realizes she can no longer hide away in her work and continue to ignore the issues in her life that need to be addressed.

Nancy Star takes us on a journey with Lane and her son as they deal with circumstances most of us cannot imagine. Picking things up and starting over doesn't fix everything, as it seemed to do when Lane was growing up.

I gave this one 3 stars because it was a relatively easy read but it just didn't grab me. It seemed predictable, besides at the very beginning and I kept waiting for things to turn. But, that could just be the thriller/suspense lover in me.

The character development was so-so. I felt like I could understand Lane and even her son, Henry. My heart went out to her in the very beginning and I rallied for her. From a literary sense though, I didn't feel like I was committed to seeing them through and wasn't surprised with how things turned out in the end.

Thank you to Lake Union Publishing and Netgalley for the chance to dive into Rules for Moving before everyone else. I am so thankful to have an abundance of books during this trying time, to keep me busy and allow me to escape.

#rulesformoving #3stars #bookreviews #bookreviewer #readmorebooks #booklife #weekendbooked #sendmemorebooks #loveawriter #beareader #readersareleaders #bibliophile #loverofwords #nerdalert #nerdyreader #bookrecommendations #bookblog

No comments:

Post a Comment