Book Review: Wintering by Katherine May

 

5 moving stars for Wintering by Katherine May. 

You all know that for all kinds of reasons, I limit my non-fiction reads. 

Add this one to the must-read list.

I'm not sure where I heard about Wintering but I was immediately intrigued with this notion of "winter," as it relates both physically and figuratively. 

I'm a "Wintering," pro. A hunker-downer. A cozy-sock and soft blanket guru. This book talks about how life has all kinds of seasons, and some are longer than others. Wintering is hard on your soul, calls on you to dig deeper within, to hold on tight, to be patient. To sit. Mull. Simmer. Rest. Be quiet. The author shares how she has gone through so many winters. How they can be excruciating and jarring. Catch you off guard, knock you out of sync with everything and everyone. 

For all of those reasons, I gobbled it up quickly and underlined A LOT. 

#wintering #greatread #nonfiction #memoir #readgoodbooks #growyourthinking #stretchyourmind #learnnewthings #sendmebooks #bookreview #5stars #introvertbook #lovetoread

No comments:

Post a Comment