Book Review: The Way Life Should Be by Christina Baker Kline

5 STARS for The Way Life Should Be by Christina Baker Kline!

I picked this treasure up at my favorite local used bookstore prior to all of the shutting down of my favorite places. I needed something a little different than my usual doom, gloom, suspense. This book was EXACTLY what I needed right now.

It's about a young woman who leaves home basically for a guy (although she never wanted to admit this) she meets online. Of course, he turns out to be a complete flop but she doesn't realize that until she has already packed her boxes and moved out of the home she shared with her dad, stepmother, and grandmother.

Angela feels stuck in Maine after losing her job. The disappointments continue as she leaves, "MaineCatch." She starts working at a warm, cozy, little coffee shop in Maine and develops so many great relationships, that she begins to find out who she really is. Weaving recipes, advice, and the "gift," from her Italian grandmother for cooking, Christina Baker Kline creates a cast of characters in a dreamy setting that seems safe, untouched, and warm.

This book (and the fantastic recipes) was a retreat for me. So much so, that I ordered used copies of all her other books online in one sitting. The descriptions of the scenery with their quirky characters made me feel like I was smack dab in the middle of this story with Angela. I smelled the fresh baked goodies and the garlic and onions being sauteed for dinner.

Such a gem! I highly recommend this one for an easy, lighthearted escape from reality. I feel like I left a part of my heart in Maine and I'm looking forward to reading Christina's other books when they arrive. @bakerkline

#5stars #bookreview #bookblogger #readgoodbooks #thewaylifeshouldbe #perfecttitle #bookstagram #readersofinsta #instabook #nerdlife #stayhomeandread #stayhome #keepreading #escapewithabook #bookschangelives #loveawriter #loveareader #lovetoread #bibliophile



No comments:

Post a Comment